If you by any chance, by any way find out that I am going to be the person interview you for a job you need to know the following:
- Don’t come late. 1 minute late and your resume or CV will end up in the shredder or the trash can. Do your location research the day before the interview. If you really can’t, leave home 2 or 3 hours early. If you’re going to be more than 10 minutes late, don’t bother coming. Call the person who arranged the interview and cancel your session. If you see my carry no pen, you have already failed the interview.
- Don’t come too early. The earliest you should arrive is 10 minutes before the interview. Technical interviewers have other tasks too.
- Do your research about the position you are applying, and if possible about the company. This reflects on how resourceful you are.
- Don’t hesitate when answering questions.
- Be very interested to ask questions about the job, and about the company.
- If you don’t know, don’t try to deviate the question. Just say you don’t know and you will be better respected. Nobody knows everything.
- Try convincing me that you will be able to, and are interested to learn things you don’t know.