As mentioned earlier I went to watch Casino Royale earlier tonight. The movie is alright, but can be better.
What I like:
- The starting montage is indeed suitable and gives me the feel that this is a Bond movie.
- Bond’s weakness is as usual – women.
- No SPECTRE – frankly I’m tired of that shit, plus Blofeld.
What I don’t like:
- The theme song is less catchy than the previous movies.
- The fights are too barbaric and too real.
- Bond is too serious, emotionless most of the times except when he was with Vesper in the shower.
- The crook was killed to easily, and not by Bond.
- Where’s Q?
- Where’s the fully equiped Aston Martin?
My wife seems to think that I watch too much of the older movies and she actually enjoyed the new one more.
I’ll add up the list if I find anything else I left out. 😉