It has been a while since I last updated this site. Since Sunday 4th of December 2005, I have been having problems with my Streamyx connection at home. I am currently at the office.
The problem is with intermittent connection, and a lot! of packet loss. Even when I ping the gateway!!!
- Called 1-300-88-9515 on Sunday 4/12 and they said it might be temporary. The guy refused to take my report. On Monday 5/12 I was quite busy so I didn’t have the chance to go online.
- Tuesday 6/12 I called 1-300-88-9515 and reported that I can connect but I can’t browse the net and check my email. They say they’ll report it as "Can connect, can’t browse" and gave me a case number (1). That night I tried all possible configuration, bypassing this and that.
- Wednesday 7/12, no luck. Some technical guy called at 12.28 pm and told me he has resetted the port. He told me to call again if the problem is still there. After work, I called 1-300-88-9515 again and told them that the problem is still the same.
- Thursday 8/12, still no luck. Today a technical guy called "ADI" called me up and ask when he can come visit my home. I said 7.00 pm and the said OK. Rushed back that night and nothing, not even a SMS. Called him back and got into his voicemail. I was mad. Called 1-300-88-9515 again and this time "AMIZAH" picked up. She made it as if it is my fault that the technician guy didn’t show up. Whatever. She tried to ping me and had a lot of "request timed out". Heh.. windows ping. Next thing I know is she changed my case to "Intermittent Connection" and gave me another case number (2). This operator was very helpful.
- Friday 9/12, still the same. Called 1-300-88-9515 again. This time, "IZAN" was on the line. I was already mad at this time. She tried to ping me and had a lot of "request timed out". Heh.. windows ping. Next thing I know is that I ended up with a new case description "Frequent disconnection" and given a new case number (3). The worst thing is that she blamed my phone line of being noisy. Of course I was on a wireless set, bu the phoneline itself is clear!
- Saturday 10/12, afternoon 5.18 pm – someone named "HAJAR" called me and asked whether the problem has vanished. Yeah right, how can a problem be fixed without anyone trying ti fix them?
- Sunday 11/12, until today I still have not heard from them. Still waiting, but frankly I have lost hope. If only there’s other options for Intenet access at home, I’ll take it even if it costs RM200.00 per month, as long as they are dedicated to helping customers.
In conclusion, the 1-300-88-9515 people are not rude, they are very good people and talk nicely to you. What I am so mad about is the speed of the technical support, and how their manuscript usually thinks that customers are stupid.
Well, disappointed I am. "Please understand that all reports will be processed within 24 to 48 hours". Right, I have been waiting for a week. I really hope to get some reimbursement for my downtime.
PING 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from 18.104.22.168: icmp_seq=3 ttl=126 time=48.0 ms 64 bytes from 22.214.171.124: icmp_seq=4 ttl=126 time=23.2 ms 64 bytes from 126.96.36.199: icmp_seq=5 ttl=126 time=23.1 ms 64 bytes from 188.8.131.52: icmp_seq=6 ttl=126 time=22.3 ms 64 bytes from 184.108.40.206: icmp_seq=7 ttl=126 time=23.2 ms 64 bytes from 220.127.116.11: icmp_seq=10 ttl=126 time=24.7 ms 64 bytes from 18.104.22.168: icmp_seq=11 ttl=126 time=90.9 ms --- 22.214.171.124 ping statistics --- 11 packets transmitted, 7 received, 36% packet loss, time 10003ms rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 22.326/36.548/90.997/23.813 ms PING 126.96.36.199 (188.8.131.52) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from 184.108.40.206: icmp_seq=1 ttl=57 time=24.9 ms 64 bytes from 220.127.116.11: icmp_seq=3 ttl=57 time=24.5 ms 64 bytes from 18.104.22.168: icmp_seq=4 ttl=57 time=23.9 ms 64 bytes from 22.214.171.124: icmp_seq=5 ttl=57 time=24.6 ms 64 bytes from 126.96.36.199: icmp_seq=6 ttl=57 time=22.8 ms 64 bytes from 188.8.131.52: icmp_seq=8 ttl=57 time=23.7 ms 64 bytes from 184.108.40.206: icmp_seq=10 ttl=57 time=26.5 ms 64 bytes from 220.127.116.11: icmp_seq=11 ttl=57 time=22.7 ms 64 bytes from 18.104.22.168: icmp_seq=12 ttl=57 time=28.8 ms --- 22.214.171.124 ping statistics --- 12 packets transmitted, 9 received, 25% packet loss, time 11007ms rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 22.705/24.748/28.818/1.801 ms [Sat Dec 10 10:50:05 MYT 2005] 126.96.36.199 [Sat Dec 10 11:10:20 MYT 2005] 188.8.131.52 [Sat Dec 10 11:30:18 MYT 2005] 184.108.40.206 [Sat Dec 10 11:40:11 MYT 2005] 220.127.116.11 [Sat Dec 10 12:00:05 MYT 2005] 18.104.22.168 [Sat Dec 10 12:10:09 MYT 2005] 22.214.171.124 [Sat Dec 10 12:20:16 MYT 2005] 126.96.36.199 [Sat Dec 10 12:40:10 MYT 2005] 188.8.131.52